Thursday, October 4, 2012

Frankenstein Valentines



Back in 1966 TOPPS released a series of stickers titled Frankenstein Valentine Stickers, although the actual packs listed the set as Frankenstein Stickers. The set of 44 cards were painted by the great Norman Saunders of Mars Attacks fame. While Saunders painted the cards the actual pencils for the set remain uncredited with most of the work resembling either the work of Wally Wood or Jack Davis.



Here's the entire set of 44;



 

 

 

 

 



 


 







                               







4 comments:

  1. Love this kind of stuff. Back in the day when there was real monster love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across these last year and used a bunch for my Facebook profile photos for the week of Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rad. Rad. Rad. My dad was a card dealer and he stumbled across a couple wax packs of these he let me open when I was wee. So much retro filth. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I think my favorite is Creature from the Black Lagoon. He thinks we'll make a splash together! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...