Friday, November 18, 2011

This means WAR!

I had to double check the date to make sure I didn’t accidentally hibernate and sleep through Thanksgiving, but low and behold today is the 18th of November….a week before Thanksgiving. I make that point because here at my job we get reception from one crappy radio station and today, a week before Thanksgiving, they have begun to play 24 hour non stop Christmas music. Now look, don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Christmas or Christmas music, Hell I love Christmas with all the Rankin Bass specials and the presents for happy little monster bloggers (not naming names, but you can figure that out) but this process of Christmas overtaking other holidays has got to stop…”The line must be drawn here!” (you can’t see it but I’m doing a really good impression of Captain Picard right now, trust me). I’m gonna start cranking MY Christmas music here to counter the effects of the crap their playing, and believe me it’s crap…it’s like K-tel’s Christmas Dirges Vol. 1 featuring some of those most beloved holiday songs like, Christmas Shoes, Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas and Christmas Shoes…act now and we’ll play Christmas Shoes every half hour…Yes, you’ll be swinging from a noose before you know it with K-Tel’s Christmas Dirges Vol.1.
 
Now where did I put my copy of Gothic Christmas by Count Bachula…

2 comments:

  1. A local station started their 24/7 onslaught last week. And that's the station the wife has on all the time anyway and she loves Christmas music.
    I have come to loathe Springsteen's Santa Clause Is Coming to Town over the past few years of this station's repetitive playlist torture, not to mention any other number of songs they have in what seems to be hourly rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you man. I noticed on our Cable Music channels, they don't load up Halloween music till 2 weeks prior. Guess what they loaded up November 1st? Yep... Christmas. I am like you, I love Christmas... just not 6 months of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...