Sunday, February 6, 2011

I'm not INSANE!

Well....at least not about this. I have had memories of a Colorforms set I had as a child but could not for the life of me remember the name and anytime I tried to search out a monster themed set I got no dice. I figured my young brain probably just combined some of the really awesome art that the Electric Company magazine would have at Halloween with a really cool monster flip book/card thing I had found at the local Pathmark supermarket. Well that was until 1:50am this morning while I was trolling Ebay for Universal Monster stuff what do I find?

The Castle Dracula Colorforms set from 1977....the one I was remembering all these years...behold it's coolness










What makes this really rare is the fact that all the Universal Monsters are represented - Frankenstien's Monster, Dracula, the Mummy, The Wolfman, The Creature, The Phantom and no Universal License to be seen. I'd kick a cat to own this.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember this alright. As a matter of fact I wore out two of these sets and would like to find a set today .One of my childhood tricks was to position the Phantom of the Opera just inside the bathroom door so it looked like he was sitting on a toilet saying EEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had gotten this set after I had my tonsils taken out. I loved it. A lot. Before I had this, there was a Colorforms Muppets Haunted House. I liked this one way better. I also love the scared victims. They were my favorites. Well, after the Creature from the Black Lagoon. I wish I still had this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! 43 years old now...but I totally had this set!

    -Mike Tabor

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite '70s toys! Wow do I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...